Wednesday 23 March 2011

Evaluation: Task 2


When creating my group for the magazine i thought instead of trying to come up with a group and have to make allot of the information up i decided to copy an existing group, this meant that focusing on every part about them meant I was able to come up with an outstanding and relatable group. To do this I went for a group in my genre and one that I knew would be easy to recreate with the time and resources I had; this is why I chose Magnetic Man. The obvious similarities are they both consist of 3 males; this was one of the reasons of choosing said band as I knew three males would be easy to get for my photos. One other thing that are the same but only by coincidence is the base colour of the outfits are black, I would of done this weather they not be wearing black in the press shot of MM as it gave me a strong and versatile base in to add text to. Where I did draw exact influence from the photo on the right as Skream and Joe are both wearing a tie, this adds the formality and sharpness I wanted to put across in the group – however I did change the colour of it in post production as I needed the colour scheme (black, white, purple) to be in the photo somehow. Another direct copy of the right photo is that Skream is standing slightly forward in the shot and so is Joe in mine, although in MM there is no leader as such I wanted there to be one in my group and seeing as Joe is the one doing the vocals I figured it should be him. It is purely by coincidence that they both similar hairstyles but this does a good job of strengthening the bond.

Along with allot of similarities I did feel that there needed to be something that made my magazine and the group on the cover independent. My group are an all white group, this was by intentions but I also don’t think that it detracts from the genre or overall feel of the magazine. There was one thing I dint like with the press shot of Magnetic Man and that was that all of three of them are wearing different expressions I thought I doesn’t show good unity between the members of for my group I made sure that all of them have the same expression on their face and were looking straight at the camera. Finally as I just mentioned I have all of my models facing the camera unlike in MM where they are slightly facing the middle man.

1 comment:

  1. This post isn't up to scratch Harry. It's far too simple and fails to identify the social group you were going for.

    Use this site http://uktribes.com/ (password iblamtheparents) and look at indie scenesters. USe the information you find to improve this response, at the minute this question would be level 1 (U/E).

    ReplyDelete